Valley View, Charter Montessori  Logo
About Us/FAQ Band Bell Schedule Bullying Prevention Campus Map Enrollment Information Extended Day Foothill Indian Education Alliance Garden of Learning Library Montessori Preschool Montessori LCAP Student Calendars
Accelerated Reader CA State Standards Curriculum Standards GATE Homework Club and Solutions Online Textbooks SBAC Testing Sports at Valley View
Staff Directory & Class Websites
Attendance Info Forms Home Access Center (HAC) Montessori Parent Group Nurse's Notes Rattler Review Parent Bulletin Parent/Guardian Rights/Policies Parent/Student Handbook and Traffic Info School Supplies
Student Links Valley View Student News Yearbook
Sports at Valley View Title IX Athletic Participation Info

Nurse's Notes


~Exemptions to Immunization Requirements
The exemptions permitted by California law are:
Medical Exemption: A licensed physician (MD or DO) who feels a vaccine is not indicated for a student because of medical reasons should submit to the school (via the patient’s family as needed) a written statement documenting the medical exemption. A form that can assist in this process is available to physicians. The school will place a copy of the completed statement in the student’s file.
Personal Beliefs Exemption: A parent or guardian may have a child exempted from required immunizations if immunization is contrary to their beliefs. Schools have standardized procedures for those who request a personal beliefs exemption.
Exemptions to immunization should not be taken because of convenience. Unimmunized students are at greater risk of contracting diseases and spreading them to their families, schools and communities. Schools should maintain an up-to-date list of students with exemptions, so that these students can be excluded from school quickly if an outbreak occurs.
New Documentation Requirement for Personal Belief Exemptions: A new California law has changed the process for obtaining exemptions to student immunizations based on personal beliefs. Assembly Bill (AB) 2109 requires documentation that health care practitioners have informed parents about vaccines and diseases. Effective January 1, 2014, parents who want to exempt their child from one or more required immunizations because of their personal beliefs must provide to the school a one-page form that documents their personal belief to abstain from immunizations and provide proof that a healthcare provider has provided information about waiving immunizations. The form that is required for ANY waivers of immunizations can be obtained online: in English and at a variety of other languages at the website listed below for immunization laws.
To review a FAQ page about immunizations:
For more information about immunization laws:


SHOTS: Did you know? For ALL future school years, all students entering, advancing or transferring into 7th grade will need proof of an adolescent whooping cough (Pertussis) booster immunization (called “Tdap”) for school in the fall? This requirement applies to all public and private schools. The new requirement was signed into law in 2010. There have been changes in waivers as well, please consult with your district nurse or the health clerk to find out more. California has continued to experience outbreaks of whooping cough as protection to pertussis from early childhood vaccines wears off. The Tdap requirement affects all students in California transitioning into 7th grade. A booster AFTER AGE 7 will qualify, so you may be able to avoid the back-to-school rush and have your child over age 7 vaccinated now. For more information about vaccines:


Medicine and Poison Oak

MEDICATIONS: Did you know? California Ed Code requires that any prescription or over the counter medication requires a specialized form for your child to take a medication at school. This includes students who carry an inhaler or other emergency medications on their person while at school. Forms are available in the health office or online for you to take to your physician. We may also be able to fax or email this to your physician.   If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact the office.  For a link to the district medication form: